A User's Manual for the CFHT Visible Imager: FOCAM
For the transmission curves of our UBVRI filters click
here. These curves refer to CFHT filters #1307,
#1413 and #1412, #1510, #1611 and #1612, #1808 and #1809.
For the CFHT FOCAM filter list, follow this
Staff astronomer check list
- Flat field lamp installed, operating properly
- CCD filled with LN2
- CCD temperature OK, stable.
- CCD installed on instrument with proper orientation
- CCD bias level nominal, bias structure OK.
- CCD shutter functioning properly (no unusual gradient in flat field
- CCD readout is good and statistics OK (use IQE)
- HP9000 is configured properly
- Data Acquisition User Interface set up properly: check the CCD selection
from the root menu window; check RASTER/MODES.; take an exposure and
check the messages in feedback window from start to finish.
- Enough space on Data Acquisition computers' disc.
- Magnetic tape, EXABYTE and DAT units operational
- Instruments operational: FOCAM filter wheel rotation OK
- Check the correspondence between filters in the filter wheel and
identification fields in the FOCAM form.
- TV, monitor, Leaky memory working
- Bonnette configuration OK
- Bonnette control working (check with TO)
- Hand paddle functions properly
- Cass or PF rotation operational
- Cass: focus to 2150 and Cass TV to Z=400.0
- PF: focus to 6250 and Z=1.0
- Autoguider and TCS modules installed.
Sample of the FOCAM observation
The sample log sheet enclosed can be duplicated on a legal size paper
format (8.5x14 inches), with an enlargement factor of 1.35.
Click here for a list of standard
Reference: Christian, C., Africano, J., Adams, M., Barnes, J., Butcher,
H., Mould, V., and Siegel, M., 1985, P.A.S.P, 97, 363; also Odewahn et
al., 1992, P.A.S.P., 104, 553.
The average photometric coefficients for the CFHT CCD's are listed
in this table.
Please send comments to Dennis Crabtree at