MSWG meeting...

Dear Christian:

I will be in Kenya on April 18 and 19, and there will be no
possibility of email contact, and very little chance of telephone
contact (it would probably need something like a Motorola Iridium
phone).

I asked John Tonry whether he would be able to take my place, but he
is unable to because of teaching commitments.

It is very disappointing that this meeting is being held on a date
when I cannot attend.  The first meeting of a group like this is very
important, and having only 6 people there doesn't seem very
satisfactory to me.  I thought that this group was planning to meet much
earlier (e.g., February).

My trip to Africa was planned almost a year ago, and there is nothing
I can do to reschedule it.

Richard