Re: Draft of version 2

Ray

Thanks for the comments. As it's time to be pretty clear, in order to
avoid any misunderstanding, her are comments to your comments as
an attempt to clarify our views:

> The Steering Group will probably be appointed by the SAC. I suppose we can
> mention who could usefully be on it. Clearly there has to be a Canada/France
> balance.
Right. I'll add a sentence on this balance. Remember though that there is
no balance at all in MegaPrime ;)

As for suggesting individuals, I'll add that the MSWG should be consulted
in the Steering Group member selection. OK?

> CDS as a primary player is certainly news.
I don't know what you mean by "primary player". We have already mentioned
that the data release would benefit from their help. If you don't want
them in for now, I have no problem. But you have to state it clearly ;)

What I wrote in my previous message, answering David's concerns, explains
why it makes sense.

> With regard to collaboration this should also be noted as an area where we
> did not reach a ready consensus, except that we all feel that enhancement of
> our investment through collaborative research should be promoted.
Do you think 6.3 statements have not the general agreement of the WG?
If so, you should be more specific on which one, and I can rephrase it
to make clear there is no consensus.

Aloha

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Veillet,       CFHT Senior Resident Astronomer
Phone: (808) 885-3161   http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~veillet/