[Fwd: Draft of version 2]

--
Dr. Christian Veillet,       CFHT Senior Resident Astronomer
Phone: (808) 885-3161   http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~veillet/

Thanks David,

>  The compositionof the Steering Group is an important issue. There has
> been no discussion as far as I know about this. I do not want to see the
> recommendation of the WG made until we discuss it. It is not clear to me
> why, for example, CDS should have a member on the SG. I am not opposed
> to this but I see no reason for it.

In Toronto, we have said that we would need a reprensative of
each of the participating agencies, CFHT, CADC, Terapix.
As for CDS, we said that they would play an important role in
making public the catalogs and final images, due to their
experience in the area (cf  9.4). For me, it makes sense
to have them involved from the beginning, though it is not
mandatory. They could help us to foresee potential difficulties
at release time that we could avoid by doing things right from
the start. I added SAC from discussions with Genevieve. To have
SAC directly involved looks good to me. CEA is there because CEA
wants to be part of it, and I think it makes sense as CEA played
a major role in the overall MegaPrime project.

Does it clarify the list?

Aloha

Christian

PS I have no problem removing CDS for now, and making clear that the
composition is just a proposal, and that the composition should
evolve if the need arises to have new member(s) bringing their
expertise.