Steering Group membership

Thanks David.

Mail 1
>  I am not happy that we make this a recommendation of the WG without
> further discussion. I would much rather say something tentative and say
> that the composition of the group still needs to be dtermined.

>  I do not think that the group as it appears is appropriate for the
> actual composition of the Steering Group.

Mail 2
> The three key players in a technical sense are CFHT, CADC, and TERAPIX.
> The reasons for this seem obvious to me. Both CDS and the Toronto
> MegaCam Science Centre are different in that they are consumers of the
> data (mostly) and are not involved in the primary data flow and
> processing. I don't see why anyone should be offended by this.

I think we have to propose something we agree on if possible.
Our experience with SAC is that it is better to propose something
they can discuss than to leave the question completely open.

About the composition, here is my position:

- Needed:
    - a representative of each of
        - participating agency (they give out the time)
        - CADC     )
        - Terapix  ) They commit to make the survey happening
        - CFHT     )
    - the coordinators (if they are not already among the
previously listed members)

- Could be
    - a SAC representative (that's their call anyway)
    - a CEA representative
    - a CDS representative

- To be added as needed
    - experts on given topics TBD later depending on the initial
composition of the group

That could be a proposed membership list as a starting point
for further discussions at SAC. We can skip the "could be" if we
want to, or keep it and say that we didn't reach consensus on the
could be. I have no strong preference.

What do you think?

Aloha

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Veillet,       CFHT Senior Resident Astronomer
Phone: (808) 885-3161   http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~veillet/