Re: [cfhls-list] Paris Megacam meeting update

To followup on Rene, yes, the SNAP/ground issue is receiving a lot of attention.
The metallicity issue has so far revealed nothing systematically terminal.
Of course in old stellar populations, the metallicity distribution doesn't
change a lot at "late" times like redshift one. Going for red, spheroid host
SnIa will clean the sample up a lot. (Of course we get all the other ones
in the data as well).

The important thing for us to note is that there is no telescope that
can compete with CFHT/Megacam's possibility of a large, deep, properly
time sampled, survey for about the next 5 years. Of course after that,
there will be overwhelming competitition. Furtheremore it is useful to
note that between the CFH communities we have access to eleven (!) 8m
class telescopes (2 Gemini, 2 Keck, 4 VLT, Subaru, 2 Magellan). We
need not be modest.

--Ray