Report - SNe and Scheduling

Hi Ray,

I thought you had received the SNE document. Here is its location:
http://supernovae.in2p3.fr/projects/Megacam/SNLS/doc.ps
(access keys megacam/cfhls ).

Too bad you didn't. In fact, the document doesn't merge the two approaches
really. There is only an addendum at the end commenting on the way the mswg
proposes to work (your strategy). For now, I plan to add Astier/Pain's report
in annex to the MSWG. Some rewriting should be done in what is presently
in the MSWG report to take into account the changes in strategy.

I worked on the scheduling issues, and I came with the following recommendation:
Schedule MegaPrime every dark run, and accept that some of them (I don't
anticipate more than 2 to 3) are only 8 to 9 nights long, the
other half being used for another instrument like MOS/OSIS. It's what I do
this semester with MOS and CFH12K. Now the fields as pre-selected are fine,
and there is no real break anymore. The transition between fields is very
smooth and other instruments are not confined to a given time of the year as
they would be if we had to schedule full dark runs without MegaPrime.

As we will have a meeting next week in Victoria between CADC, CDS, Terapix
and CFHT, I  don't see any need to detail too much data flow issues. More
information will be made available to SAC later on that. David Schade
has been very busy preparing documents on CADC and the MegaCam era lately.
There are the key for a smooth CFHLS data flow. I am myself in a week long
meeting with CEA at CFHT on MegaCam... Good progress there. First light
still for the April/May time frame, and operations likely for the Fall!

Ray, if you can send me a modified SNe case for the main report, that would
be fine. I send you in a separate email the latex of the current one in case
you don't have it. I'll try to send out the draft of the new version tonight.

Aloha to all

Christian